Everything You Need to Know About Modular SofasAugust 23, 2019
Today we’re going to be talking about modular sofas. Modular sofas are becoming more and more popular for small and large spaces alike. But before we dive into why that is, let’s review what “modular” really means.
“Modular design” is a term that is used when a whole unit is made up of smaller modules, or pieces (like a pizza!) So a modular sofa is a sofa broken up into chair-sized pieces like chaises, corner seats, and ottomans. These pieces can be arranged to create a U shaped or L shaped sofa configuration, or they can be spaced out to create smaller seating arrangements. Handy, right?
The advantages of modular sofas
1. Ultimate customization – A modular sofa allows you to create the perfect seating arrangement for your room. Each piece is sold separately from a series, like our new Tumble Collection, so you can decide on how many seats you need and what size and shape you are going for. You can even mix and match colors as with our Nathaniel Collection, which comes in light grey, red, green, and blue.
2. Adaptable to any room – Modular sofas utilize the space they are given. If the sofa doesn’t fit the way you intended, you can simply remove one module and place it in a different way or even in a different room.
3. Allows for quick design changes – Modular sofas are an easy and quick way to change the layout of a room at no cost.
4. Fits the needs of your guests – A quick connection of all of the modules creates a full sofa so that your guests can sit down and spend time together. You can also smoothly detach individual seats if someone prefers some personal space. The ottoman can be used as a footrest, seat, or table top. And if anyone needs a place to crash, modules can be put together to create separate and comfortable beds.
5. Easy to assemble – Each module can be easily connected, disconnected, and moved around a room. This ease of assembly is a great feature for design changes and moving.
Don’t be fooled by its ethereal glow. Our Clay Dream Modular Sectional is the ultimate family sofa. It’s made with stain-resistant and moisture-repellent technology so that you don’t have to worry about spills.
The look of a modular sofa
Modular sofas are designed with simplicity in mind, like our Luxe Signature Modular Sectional, made with buttery brown top-grain leather. The individual pieces are simple in form, and together, they create a harmonious whole. Because of this, they give a room an ultra-modern look and feel.
Modular sofas have a solid, uniform look with deep seating and low backs. Due to their expansive layout, they tend to anchor down a room. And as the focal point in your space, they have a welcoming look that invites you to sprawl out and get comfy. With limitless space, they’re the ultimate lounge area. The result is a sofa that is both massive and cozy at the same time: the best of both worlds, right?
The best part about these structures is that they’re anything but fixed. As we’ve already discussed, modular sofas are highly customizable, which means you get a fresh, dynamic space every time.
Sink into the plush seats of the Justin Living Sectional. We’re not exaggerating when we say you’ll never want to get up!
The pieces of a modular sofa
When it comes to modular sofas, the sky (okay, and the size of your space) is the limit! Check out the star pieces of a modular sofa.
“The Slipper Chair”
“The Corner Chair”
For those who need inspiration for building their lounge look, modular sofas can also be bought as entire sofas ready to go. These are the different types Moe’s Home Collection offers:
“The Classic L”
If you’re on the sofa hunt, you should give modular couches a try. Due to them being highly customizable and versatile, they end up being a great investment for any home. But the best part may just be the personal freedom you get in decorating your space. So, get to know our modular sofas above, get out the measuring tape, and get ready to build the plushest oasis yet!